Questions, questions and more questions! When it comes to planning a wedding, you’ll find yourself asking a whole host of questions, which is key in making sure you get exactly what you want. And never has this been more true than when it comes to finding your wedding venue. Thankfully, your wedding venue will have heard it all, so there
isn’t shouldn’t be anything they’re not more than willing or happy to answer.
So with this is mind, part 3 of our Wedding Venue Guide is all about just that – questions! We’ve rounded up the top questions (54 in fact) to put to your wedding venue in order to make sure you secure a deal (and venue) that you love, have confidence in and can’t wait to spend your wedding day in.
1. Is the venue available on your chosen date?
2. How many guests can the room accommodate?
3. What are their wedding packages available and what is included?
4. Do you have a one-wedding-per-day policy?
5. How long are you able to have the room?
6. What rooms are included? Bathrooms, bridal party rooms, lounge area, cocktail area, and coatroom?
7. Is there a designated smoking area?
8. Is there a secure area to store the wedding gifts?
9. Will you have your own point of contract during wedding planning and on the day itself?
10. Can the venue accommodate the ceremony?
11. Are the ceremony and reception held in the same room or separate rooms?
12. Does the venue offer seating?
13. Can you see photos of a typical wedding day set-up?
14. Is there anything you need to bring that they don’t have?
15. When can you start decorating?
16. Are there any decorating restrictions?
17. Are candles allowed?
18. Does the venue provide any decorations?
19. How many people can sit at one table?
20. Are there booster seats or high chairs available for children?
21. What food serving options are available? Buffet, sit down meal etc
22. Do they provide in-house catering? If not, do they have a recommended list of caterers?
23. Can you arrange a food tasting to decide on your menu?
24. Will there be a cost for this?
25. Can they cater for any special dietary requirements?
26. How many choices can you offer your guests for meals?
27. Where will the cake sit?
28. Can they provide a cutting knife?
29. Can guests be served cake at a time of your specification?
30. Does the venue have a liquor license?
31. Does the venue provide the alcohol and bar service?
32. What are the price options for bottles of wine etc?
33. Do they provide a cash bar or an open bar?
34. Do they charge for unopened bottles of wine after the reception?
35. Can you bring your own wine?
36. Is there a residents’ bar?
37. If so, is there a corkage fee?
38. Can you bring in a band or DJ?
39. What do they have for a sound system?
40. Where will the band and/or DJ be able to set-up?
41. How many people does the dance floor accommodate?
42. What time will music need to stop playing?
43. What is the overall cost and when is the deposit required by?
44. Do they offer payment plans? When is the final balance due?
45. What type of payment can they take?
46. What is their cancellation policy?
47. Are there any photography or video restrictions?
48. What suggestions do they have for locations to photograph?
49. Can you see photos of previous weddings at the venue?
50. In the event of rain, do they have outdoor covered areas, which are good photo locations?
51. Is accommodation available for guests?
52. If not, can they offer you a list of alternatives?
53. What are the room rates?
54. Is there a wedding discount for blocks of rooms?
And there you have it! Armed with these 54 questions, you’ll easily be able to suss out which wedding venues meet your requirements.
Previous blog posts in our Wedding Venues Guide:
BECOME A HERO
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.