This week, we’re continuing with our wedding music guide and part 3 is a goodun! Without a doubt, one of the most memorable parts of a wedding day is the wedding band. After the vows have been exchanged, meal has been eaten and cake has been cut, all that’s left to do is dance the night away. So with this in mind, you’ll want a wedding band that gets guests on the dance floor and effortlessly keeps them there for the duration of the night.
Booking a wedding band can be a pretty big deal. Often, a large portion of the budget goes towards the band so finding one which matches your vision is key. Thankfully, we’ve made the process a whole lot easier for you! When chatting with any potential wedding bands, put these questions to them…
1. Are we able to see you play before we book?
2. What do you need from the venue?
3. What time will you arrive to set up?
4. What if you’ve never played our first dance song before?
5. How will you get guests on the dance floor and create a party atmosphere?
6. Do you have any testimonials?
7. We love current music, but how can we cater for everyone?
8. Can you invite the bridal party to the floor after a minute of our first dance because we’d prefer more people on the floor?
9. Do you take requests from guests?
10. Do you break in the middle and if so, how long for?
11. What will you wear?
12. Will you be using signage?
13. When is a deposit required and is it refundable?
14. When is the final balance due?
15. How long do you play for?
16. What happens if we run behind on timings throughout the day?
17. Do you charge a travel fee?
18. What happens if a band member is sick?
19. Do you have a set list and are we able to pick songs we definitely want played?
20. Can you play one more tune at the end of the night?
If you get answers that you’re satisfied with, you’ve seen the band in action and read up-to-date testimonials, you’re on to a winner. Go with your gut and relax knowing that both you are guests are in for one helluva night!
BECOME A HERO
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.